Stephanie Grunewald, PhD
I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become. ~ Carl Jung
I am dedicated to exploring the layers of shame, guilt, and fear that have prevented you from living the life you desire.
I have experience working with individuals across the lifespan. My training has provided opportunities to work with a wide range of mental health issues. I have continued to hone my expertise to specialize in several areas:
Have you ever been kept up at night replaying the events of your day or anticipating what lies ahead tomorrow?
Maybe you are having a hard time turning off the replay of all the things you wish you had said.
Your thoughts continue to race, and you feel worse and worse.
Sometimes, our anxiety makes it seem like nobody understands, which leads to feeling lonely, isolated, and frustrated. It might feel like you have tried everything – and nothing is working.
Fear of failure locks you in, makes you feel frozen, and inhibits reaching for help.
You hold the power to overcome within you.
You are not alone during this journey.
My goal is to understand your unique situation to promote growth and healing. Working together, we will gain a deeper understanding of your current stressors, develop a plan for change, and achieve positive life changes.
I help people who feel completely overwhelmed and inadequate resolve feeling anxious or “not good enough.” Through compassionate exploration, we will work to focus on all that lies within your control to empower you to live the life you’ve always wanted.’
We will work to find the tools to manage your emotions, to embrace them rather than try to control them. Finding unique solutions will help you feel better about yourself and to realize the version of you that you’ve always imagined.
Counseling is tailored to suit your unique needs, so thoughts and feelings can be safely integrated into meaningful change.
My integrative approach incorporates a Strengths-Based Approach, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused, and Person-Centered Therapy. This combination creates an accepting space that allows us to identify the barriers preventing the growth you desire while continuing to focus on the strengths you possess to overcome those barriers.
A Bit About Me
It takes courage for you to share about yourself, so I am going to take the first step here and share a bit about me…
- I absolutely hate cleaning, but I love a clean environment.
- My “must-read” book list continues to grow exponentially, and I am committed to someday reading them all!
- I like to think that I am a genius using analogies, but I will let you be the judge of that.
- I have a love for knowledge and often share random facts in sessions.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.) from Loyola University Chicago
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in the State of Illinois
- Board-Certified TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH)
- Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology – click to see the full list of states where services can be offered
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Intensive Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Intensive Training
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- School Service Personnel (Type 73) – School Psychology in the State of Illinois