Insurance Information

Get Started

We accept a variety of insurance options.

A few of the many plans Restorative Counseling is “in-network” with include:

  • Aetna
  • Aetna Student Health (Northwestern University students)
  • BlueChoice PPO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Meritain (not Meridian)
  • Optum
  • Oxford
  • United Behavioral Health
  • United Healthcare
  • United Healthcare Student Resources
  • United Medical Resources (UMR)

There are many types of insurance plans within a network, so it is advised to call your insurance company to see if Restorative Counseling is covered in your network.

Please note that we do not accept EAPs, Medicare, or Medicaid. You are encouraged to utilize provider finder tools to find someone who accepts these plans.

We understand that insurance can be confusing.

Although Restorative Counseling will handle most insurance-related tasks on your behalf, it is helpful for you to understand terms related to your policy:

If we are not in-network with your insurance, you still have options! In many cases, if your clinician is not a participating provider with your insurance company, you have the option to utilize out-of-network benefits. When using out-of-network benefits, Restorative Counseling offers two options:

  1. submitting claims on behalf of our clients
  2. providing Superbills to our clients

In either case, clients are responsible for payment at the time of service and reimbursement, if any, is provided directly from the insurance provider to the client.

We are out of network with Cigna, Magellan, and HMO plans.

A deductible is the amount of money you will pay for services before insurance will begin to reimburse. Once your deductible has been met, you may owe a co-pay or co-insurance rate per session. Not all plans have a deductible that must be met.

A co-pay is the amount of money you will owe per session (e.g., $20). Co-insurance is a percentage of the fee (e.g., 80%) that insurance covers on your behalf and you owe the remaining amount (e.g., 20%). We will provide the specifics for your plan once we verify your insurance benefits.

The amount of money you paid toward yearly deductibles and co-pays or co-insurance fees all contribute toward your out-of-pocket maximum. Once you have paid the out-of-pocket maximum for services covered by your plan, the remaining services covered by your plan are usually free of charge.

Some plans limit the number of sessions allowed per week or per year while others do not have any limits.

Any questions or concerns regarding your policy should be addressed by calling the toll-free number for Customer Service or Mental Health Benefits on the back of your insurance card; ask to verify your benefits for mental health services.

No Surprises Act Notice

Part II of the No Surprise Act requires health care providers to give clients who do not have insurance or those who are electing not to use insurance a “Good Faith Estimate” of the bill for services:

  • You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services.  This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
  • Make sure your health care organization gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care organization, and any other organization you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
  • If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
  • Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.

For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit or call 1-800-985-3059.

We will help you identify and build upon your strengths to make meaningful change.