Written by Stephanie Grunewald, PhD
Many of us have jam-packed schedules. Between work, family, friends, and all the necessities to function, who has time to take care of themselves? Often, we struggle to manage the hectic pace of life so we forget the importance of self-care, or we decide we simply do not have the time for it.
Luckily, there are options available that can make seeking counseling less time-consuming. In the world of technology, the flexibility to communicate near and far has changed the way we interact. Counseling is also evolving to welcome the ease of technology. By receiving services from the comfort of your own home, you do not have to fight traffic to get into our office; you can have a session from home, before work or after the kids are asleep. Sounds great, right? That is just one of the conveniences of virtual counseling.
A new approach to counseling…
Virtual Counseling has many names: teletherapy, telemental health, chat therapy, distance counseling, online counseling, remote counseling, telehealth, etc. At Restorative Counseling, Virtual Counseling includes consultation, treatment, and education using real-time video and audio over the Internet. We use a secure platform to protect your information while providing the same quality services you would receive if you came into our office.
What Virtual Counseling is:
- Safe and secure
- Face-to-Face via interactive video conferencing
What Virtual Counseling is not:
What you can expect from Virtual Counseling at Restorative Counseling:
- Comfortable and secure sessions with a local clinician.
- Clinicians are in a private office, just as they would be for a traditional, in-person session.
- All forms are completed using our online portal to make the process as easy as possible.
- Consent is discussed to ensure you fully understand the services and limitations.
- Sessions are not recorded.
- Many insurance companies cover online counseling just the same as an office visit. If your insurance does not cover this service, self-pay options are available. (NOTE: All insurance policies are different and we do not guarantee yours will cover Virtual Counseling services.)
At Restorative Counseling, we take the time to understand your difficulties and will create a custom treatment plan so we can ensure we working toward goals that are beneficial for you. Please understand, however, there are situations that are not conducive to Virtual Counseling and may require in-person sessions.
Please note, Virtual Counseling is only available to Illinois residents who are in the state of Illinois at the time of the session and cannot be provided to anyone outside of the state without prior approval.
Now that you have considered taking the time for counseling, you can learn strategies to help you better manage the chaos of life. We have many clinicians who specialize in a variety of difficulties you may be facing. Virtual counseling removes the barriers of getting into the office to get the services you need.
If you are still trying to decide if counseling is necessary or right for you, be sure to read our previous blog here. You may also be interested in reading some tips and questions to find the best counselor for your needs here.
We are here and ready to help you uncover your best self! Contact us now to schedule an appointment with Restorative Counseling.