Fees & Insurance
We understand that insurance can be confusing. Although Restorative Counseling will handle most insurance-related tasks on your behalf, it is helpful for you understand terms related to your policy.
If a provider says that they are “in-network” it means that they have a contract with the insurance company. What this means for you is that you are able to utilize your health insurance benefits. A few of the many plans accepted by Restorative Counseling are:
- Aetna Student Health (for Northwestern University students)
- BlueChoice Health Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Golden Rule
- Student Resource
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- United Student Health Plans (Loyola University Chicago)
There are many types of insurance plans within a network, so it is advised to call your insurance company to see if Restorative Counseling is covered in your network.
If we are not in-network with your insurance, call us to discuss your options. In many cases, if your clinician is not a participating provider with your insurance company, you have the option to utilize out-of-network benefits.
If we are out of network, you will be billed directly and your insurance provider reimburses you directly. It is important to check your out of network benefits so that you know what your policy will cover for out of network benefits. We cannot verify out-of-network benefits for many plans due to privacy.
A deductible is the amount of money you will pay for services before insurance will begin to reimburse. Once your deductible has been met, you may owe a co-pay or co-insurance rate per session. Not all plans have a deductible that must be met.
A co-pay is the amount of money you will owe per session (e.g., $20). Co-insurance is a percentage of the fee (e.g., 80%) that insurance covers on your behalf and you owe the remaining amount (e.g., 20%).
The amount of money you paid toward yearly deductibles and co-pays or co-insurance fees all contribute toward your out-of-pocket maximum. Once you have paid the out-of-pocket maximum for services covered by your plan, the remaining services covered by your plan are usually free of charge.
Some plans limit the number of sessions allowed per week or per year while others do not have any limits.
Any questions or concerns regarding your policy should be addressed by calling the toll-free number for Customer Service or Mental Health Benefits on the back of your insurance card; ask to verify your benefits for mental health services.
For clients utilizing insurance, fees vary depending on your insurance plan. Restorative Counseling is committed to providing the highest quality psychological services to all clients. In order to do so, we offer private pay options:
|Master Level Clinician||Doctoral Level Clinician|
|Initial Intake Session:||$175||Initial Intake Session:||$195|
|45-minute Session:||$125||45-minute Session:||$150|
All payments are due at the time of service. Payment options accepted include:
- Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and JCB)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Arrangement